Why do normal weight is still the risk of diabetes


American scholar, a study showed that normal weight older men and women, if there is a lot of abdominal fat and muscle between the fat and still have taken place the risk of type 2 diabetes. The study results were published in Diabetes Care (2003,26 372 on). Principal Investigator, University of Pittsburgh Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Dr. Goodpaster said that their study found that, even if it is not overweight elderly may also be suffering from diabetes, important factor is excessive body fat stored in the where. Although type 2 diabetes prevalence rate of people over the age of 65 is high, but this group of people is only 14 percent obesity rate. In contrast, the 50-year-old age group was 24%. Goodpaster believes that the elderly in obesity, insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes may be a link between. The study included in 2964 the elderly, the average age of 73.6 years, of which 48.5 percent were male and 58.3 percent for whites. 51 percent were in people with normal glucose tolerance, 21 percent of people with impaired glucose tolerance, 24% of the people suffering from type 2 diabetes. Using CT scans to determine the abdomen and thigh fat. The prevalence rate of diabetes, obesity group was higher than overweight and normal weight. 30% of obese men and 34 percent of obese women suffering from type 2 diabetes. The results showed that, despite the large amount of leg fat is similar to patients with type 2 diabetes and impaired glucose tolerance inter-muscular fat was higher than normal glucose tolerance; At the same time, the proportion of visceral fat was also higher than normal glucose tolerance. The study also found that patients with type 2 diabetes, 22% of normal weight men, 12% of women of normal body weight; the other 14 percent of men and 22 percent of women have impaired glucose tolerance. Combined with another prospective study, which means that there are 2 / 3 type 2 diabetes are not obese men, women are also similar. Goodpaster said that this prompted the elderly suffering from diabetes or impaired glucose tolerance, obesity is not a necessary condition for the distribution of fat is to determine the state of insulin resistance and glucose in the environment an important factor for stability.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was during my research on HIV/Herpes that I stumbled upon the Hiv/Herpes information; information which is quite easy to find when doing a search for STD on google. I was into conspiracy at the time thought of HIV/Herpes Cured' being a conspiracy was something Ignorance though,I found pretty interesting about herbal medicine. I asked questions about the Herbal cure's on official HIV/Herpes websites and I was banned for doing so by moderators who told me that I was parroting Hiv/Herpes propaganda. This reinforced my belief that there is a cure for Hiv/Herpes Then i found a lady from germany name Achima Abelard Dr Itua Cure her Hiv so I send him a mail about my situation then talk more about it and send me his herbal medicine I drank for two weeks.And today I'm Cured no Hiv/Herpes in my life,I searched for Hiv/Herpes groups to attempt to make contact with people in order to learn more about Hiv/Herpes Herbal Cure's I believed at this time that you with the same disease this information is helpful to you and I wanted to do the best I could to spread this information in the hopes of helping other people.That Dr Itua cure Hiv,Herpes,Hepatitis,Diabetes,Copd,Fibroid,Als, And Cancer. He's a herbal doctor with a unique heart of God, Contact Emal..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Phone or whatsapp..+2348149277967.

MATINA said...


I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the

liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which

reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus

became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from

ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (ultimatelifeclinic. com) in March, 2020. Their

treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after

the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing

treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.